nprnews_____ = ||| lubuntu at wor2|||Amid Crises, Trump To Give Sequel To 'I Alone Can Fix It' Convention Pledge||| kickerpage = |||no kicker pagenpr for NPRNEWS||| summarynpr = |||Four years ago, as an upstart outsider, Donald Trump vowed "I alone can fix it." Tonight, he gives his sequel after twin crises of the coronavirus and racial injustice have exploded on his watch.










President Trump is set to give a high-stakes speech on Thursday at the Republican National Convention - a sequel to his "I alone can fix it" message of four years ago.



Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images


hide caption





toggle caption




Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images











Amid Crises, Trump To Give Sequel To 'I Alone Can Fix It' Convention Pledge






Four years ago, as an upstart outsider, Donald Trump vowed "I alone can fix it." Tonight, he gives his sequel after twin crises of the coronavirus and racial injustice have exploded on his watch.